The open-source suite of RexAcquire, RexDB, and Rexplorer together ensure that heterogeneous data is:
CLEAN with easy data-entry screens and customized data quality reports
ORGANIZED for easy, repeated use in different research endeavors
SAFE with frequent backups and comprehensive logging of every change
SECURE with compliance with local and federal regulations
ACCESSIBLE by stats packages, analysis tools and remote collaborators
PERSISTENT by ensuring research data sticks around after a lab member leaves.
Rapid and accurate data entry by staff and research subjects.
A lightweight, easily configurable data entry system. RexAquire lets you:
- Easily configure forms for entry by research subjects (self-administered questionnaires) or dual-entry by staff.
- Track the progress of data entry for all assessments.
- Maintain different versions of the same assessment.
- Quickly configure assessments using repeating groups, skip-and-set, and disable logic.
- Annotate null or missing values.
Clean your data. Manage your studies.
An extensible and compact data collection hub that can accept, transform and merge data from RexAcquire and a plethora of external data sources, including data feeds, legacy systems and ad hoc flat files (CSV, Excel, etc).
A set of reporting tools that allows users to review the data being collected in RexDB, run an assortment of custom data quality reports and apply corrections before the data is included in the final data set. RexDB lets you:
- Easily transform data from RexAcquire into new data models.
- Safely migrate legacy data using customized tools.
- Access wizards to manage new studies, subjects, and assets.
- Configure new instrument screens.
- Efficiently link to “unsearchable” data such as large files.
- Schedule and manage the recruitment of study participants.
- Quickly browse data using generic search tools.
- Access wizards to help you configure sophisticated metadata.
- Design custom data quality checks and reports.
Explore and share your data.
A data exploration system that allows users to quickly create custom data sets. Rexplorer includes powerful querying tools and the open-source query language, RexQL (formerly HTSQL). Rexplorer lets you:
- Tag data sets and data release workflows for version control.
- Build custom cohorts from characterization variables and easily select bio-materials for further study.
- Save and reuse custom cohorts.
- Easily designate which instruments to include in a data set.
- Perform powerful full-text searches to identify variables of interest across the entire database.
- Finely control access to your data and leverage pre-built approval processes.
- Access the entire database using the robust open-source query language, RexQL (formerly HTSQL).
- Transform derived data using powerful and reproducible ELT processes.
- Perform univariate statistics to generate cross tabs and execute preliminary analysis.